The primary role of a limit switch is to detect whether the movement limits of a specific device are still within the required range. A standard limit is an electromechanical tool with an actuator of several contacts.
How limit switches work
The limit switch works by triggering the contacts to either form or break the electrical connection when the object meets the electrical connection. The fundamental process of the switches is to detect the position and presence of mechanisms and parts. The high degree of precision stems from the submicron calibration setup. All limit switches have the following procedures:
- Actuation processing
- The force of operation
- Movement/travel of tool to reset and operate on a setting
- Configuration of contacts
- Adherence to the environmental requirement
Types of limit switches
Limit switches have proven to be extremely useful in reliable and complicated installations and designs. Industrial limit switches have been in use for longer than a century. They have varied forms, which take up different jobs in the automation of job applications. The most common are inductive switches and photo eye detectors. Other configurations of limit switches include the following:
- Heavy duty IEC
- Double insulated IEC
The d5f 2b34c y from Tool Eye has some of the following properties:
- A chassis mount
- A current of 100Ma
- The operating temperature of 60 °C at maximum and a minimum of -10 °C
- An operating force of 2.5 N
- Bulk packaging
- An electrical life of 5e+06 cycles
- An On-Mon switch function
- A high precision setup
High precision switches
Switches such as the d5f 2b34c y are some of the smallest limit switches in the industry. Their tiny sizes make it possible to mount them in extremely tight locations. The level of precision is applicable in many high-intensity industries that have robotic applications.
- The switches can retain the level of accuracy for up to three million cycles.
- One may have to continually adjust the sensors to pick up the relevant readings of temperature or magnetic fields, and other environmental aspects.
- They are excellent in harsh environments and will often include accessory CNC machines like metal shavings, cooling sprays, robotic automation, and motion control. Applications in these environments involve finding the Z-axis, adjusting the x-y graph and detecting the edge of a wheel in a CNC application.
- High precision switches like the d5f 2b34c y are convenient in the replacement of fiber sensors. The position of precision is less accurate when the only reliable tool is the photo eye. A high precision switch evens a rough surface and can push through a water droplet or fingerprints.
- The d5f 2b34c y is a good option when you want to find a home start position within a short range. The switch can narrow down to 0.5 microns, whereas the mechanical switch will not be accurate enough to make it back to the previous starting point.
- New high precision tool setters have a repeatability of averagely 0.5 µm. It can detect upto 50 µm on thin sheets.
D5f 2b34c Y